Nicholas Bernard James Adam Byrne Date of birth:
9th October 1978 Star
LibraPlace of birth:
Returned to Plunkit College after spending two years with
Leeds Football ClubWhere do you live now:
Baldoyle - Dublin with my parents Colour of eyes:
5ft 9 and a halfInside leg measurement:
30 1/2 Chest:
7 1/2Any tattoos:
design that goes across his lower back
Scar on right elbowFamily:
parents Nicholas and Yvonne, one sister
Gillian (22) and one brother Adam (11)Childhood photos:
PersonalityDescribe yourself in three words:
Thoughtful, reliable, trustworthyBad habit:
tea with the spoon still in the cupRule of Life:
"Never think that anyone's better than you, and never think that
you are better than anyone else"Phrase that you use often:
Le Grį it means with love in Irish If you were
an animal, what kind of animal would you be?
a fox or a tigerDream house:
Big house just outside Dublin Most
falling over at Elland Road, Leeds United's stadium in front of 30,000 people(photo
below thanks to Kristin Beckner)
Football and snookerInstrument:
Learning to play pianoLikes:
Football (Soccer) (especially Man U and Leeds cos he used to be the goalie in the junior team), eating out, shopping and travelling
home to Ireland to see his familyDislikes:
Smoking and nasty peopleWorst class(es):
I was never any
good at maths Best class(es):
English was easy and geography wasn’t bad Fave sport(s):
and snooker Fave actor:
Bruce Willis and Brad PittFave actress:
Demi Moore, Cameron Diaz Fave
Phil CollinsFave female singer:
Natalie ImbrugliaMost like to meet:
Phil Collins, MadonnaBest
Titanic, Die Hard, ArmageddonFave cereal:
Sugar PuffsFave food:
Sunday dinner, Mum's
cooking, JapaneseWorst food:
PrawnsFave soft drink:
Pepsi McDonalds or Burger King:
definitely Fave place to chill:
My couch in my front living room in Dublin Fave place to visit:
or New York or Sydney Fave football team:
Manchester UnitedFave perfume, men’s:
Dolce & Gabbana
Fave perfume, women’s:
CK Eternity Fave clothes:
smart clothesFave designer:
Blue or white or blackFave book:
The Mammy by Bruce O'CarrollFave group:
Phil Collins - 'Against all Odds', What I want Is What I've GotFirst record you bought:
- 'I Should Be So Lucky'First concert:
The Cranberries in DublinU2 or B*Witched:
U2 BSB or Boyzone:
Lovelife!Blondes or brunettes:
Depends Ideal woman:
Elegant, smart, humourous, nice eyesHave
Nicky is married to Georgina Ahern, Irish premier Bertie Ahern's daughter
Nicky with Georgina at a Newcastle United football game, 26th April '02.His first kiss
: was when he was
a wee rugrat of nine years old with his mum's friend's daughter! But then Nicky did have 'steady' girlfriends at that age
- about one a month!Fave one-liner:
How do you like your eggs in the morning Romantic move (eg. flowers):
Surprised my girlfriend by coming home after being away for two months
- "I always try to make a resolution but I can never stick to them. I usually try and stop swearing - but it doesn't help,
I've even had a swear box before and I put money in it when I swore - but I'd always end up broke!"
- "I didn't realize I'd have to travel so much. I thought I'd just stay in Ireland!"
- "Sometimes I wear boxer shorts and sometimes nothing but a smile in bed!"
- "I wouldn't mind looking like Brad Pitt!"
- "I only have boxer shorts on.... I'll let you see some things, but I won’t let you see everything."
- "I like to slide my hands under the pillow and then lay my head on top! I get in a terrible mess."
- "I can’t stand fake boobs!"
- “How do you like your eggs in the morning?”
- "I played strip poker in a hotel when I was about 14. I was staying in Blackpool with my football club. We all lost at
some point and ended up streaking down the corridors!’
- "The lads say that girls want to grab hold of my bum, but I think it's probably more my blue, twinkly eyes."
- "I've never bought a nudie mag, I've never ever bought one! I swear to God that I never, ever have! Don't look at me like
- "I might have a glance in her knicker drawer" ( referring to Georgina.)
- "We don't have six packs but we've got kegs."
- "I would never eat any fish which is alive"
- "Me and Shane were like little terriers."
- "Shut up - we're trying to sleep!"
- "I'm gonna say people are the strawberry of my eye from now on, ha-ha!"
- "Bryan made 2 babies in London."
- "Georgina knows that I love her endlessly - more than anything in the world."
- "I'm not sure if Shane is able to change a light bulb."
- "I flirt and I kiss - and then I get a slapped."
- "I got a potatoe as a present - I've eaten it!"
- "Is this one of those 'I'm loving Shane' or 'Shane's loving me' stories?"
- "Of course I could do a solo album later on."
- "I don't care if Kian gets injured while playing football. Nevertheless the Beatles were only four, too."
- "We did a special with a crowd that got paid for it."
- "One thing we do know is that we can't dance."
- "We're stronger now as a team and in that sense we're probably better. Everybody's a rival to us, long gone are the days
when we could release Baa Baa Black Sheep and it would go top 5 I thought Blue were finished, Their year long break will never
end. they didn't manage to steal our crown"
- About cheating: "I never even considered doing anything. People were always saying; You must be so tempted by all those
girls. But I wasn't!"
"I'll know I'm famous when my mum asks me for my autograph"
"The lads say that girls
want to grab hold of my bum, but I think it's probably more my blue, twinkly eyes."
- Nicky on what girls fancy about him.
"I must have been about 17 and I was living in Leeds. My and three other lads from Dublin got chatting to these girls
who asked us what we were doing in England. So we told them we were in a new Irish boy band called OTT cos it was around the
time when OTT were just about to hit Britain. And they believed us! They asked us if we knew Boyzone and we pretended we did.
They even asked us for our autographs! In a way though it wasn't so much of a lie, but a premonition cos three years later
I am in an Irish boyband and I do know Boyzone!"
"It was at a party to celebrate our exam results and I must have
been 15. Its one of those nights when everyone goes out and goes mad. I was at this nightclub called The Furnace in Dublin,
which is actually closed down now, and I must of had about 11 snogs. I don't think it was any more than that!" Classic
by Adrian Gurvitz
...This song marks a special moment between me and my girlfriend, Georgina. Even though I'm too young
to remember the track when it originally came out, it was a favourite of my dad's - Nicky senior - and I have memories of
hearing it in the early 1980s. It's a ballad that I grew to love and more importantly it was the soundtrack to my first kiss
- Nicky on his favourite romantic song
"My fave place we've been on this tour so far has been Copenhagen
in Denmark. It's a really great atmosphere there. But we've always got to get back on the bus..."
"At the very start
of the band people from Ireland would travel our houses but now it's at the stage where you get people from Switzerland, everywhere,
coming to the house...my mum was sitting to the house one time there was group of girls in a taxi with a video camera and
they asked my mum if they could come in and take a picture of the house. They come from all over and they will take rose bushes
out of our garden and stuff, it's crazy"
- on the fans
"We've been working so hard, we love it when we get a day
off to go home to our families...and spending our time to go shopping... and i like to watch TV with my mum or eat my mum's
- what he does on his days off
"We come from normal families and £700 for a pair of trousers is a lot.
If my mum asked, I'd probably say £450. Spending a lot on clothes or a watch or ring makes me feel guilty but I think that's
a good thing. We appreciate what we've got."
- Nicky on his extravagant shopping sprees
"It's like an angel has
come out of the sky and asked us five guys, 'What would you like to do with your lives?'
The answer is Westlife."
on Nicky: "He doesn't like anyone talking about his girlfriend"
"If you wanted the world to stop turning you'd call
Ronan!" - Nicky
Did You Know...?
When Nicky joined the band he couldn't swim!
His mum does all his washing
nicely when Georgina's parents are around (lol - and when they're not?!!)
Nicky reckons he could make a good racing
He used to live with footballer Alan Smith when he was training at Leeds Utd.
He broke his elbow at
football training and still has a big scar
He wears 'lucky socks' to gigs
Nicky missed his first week of school,
because he was in a road accident
He hated maths at school
He keeps a karaoke machine under his bed
used to sing karaoke with his dad - who is also called Nicky - and who has a band called 'Nicky and the Studz'
bought a car when he signed to Westlife, but sold it cos he was never home
He once threw Bryan's boxer shorts out
of a hotel window!
He would like a pet dog, if he had time to look after one.
He hates going to the gym
loves dancing to 'Mickey' by Lolly
He always carries photos of his family with him
Nicky used to pray before
every football match that he would play well, and it was him who started the Westlife tradition of praying and saying a Hail
Mary before every concert!
Nicky is a car freak, here is a list of his cars:
Peugeot 306 convertible
BMW 3 series
Red Ferrari 575 Maranello (same as Shane's)
Mercedes ML320 4x4
Cadillac Escalade EX
Black VW polo (Georgina's car)